Monday, November 23, 2009

Jesus Burger Healing

This last Saturday I saw once again God do what He can only do...I was out front standing next to the grill when a young guy came right to the front of the line without waiting his turn for a hamburger in hopes of bypassing the whole line. When I saw this I spoke up and said, "Hey bro, the line starts back there. You will need to wait it out like everyone else." When I said this, the young guy began to tell me he was handicapped and could not wait in line. I was thinking right, this young, energetic, well-built 20 year old was handicapped??? This guy wanted a hamburger and was hungry; however, I said, "what's up?' He then proceeded to tell me about two surgeries he has had for his acl on his knee and how he is in pain all the time. Instantly, I believed if I prayed for him that he would be healed, so I wasted no time and told him to follow me into the house because I knew Someone who could heal him, ie Jesus. So he sat down on the couch and I was about to pray, but right before I prayed I felt like it would be important for him to see right away that he was healed so I told him to do something with his leg that would cause pain. He then put it up on the coffee table and said that just resting it there was painful. Now for whatever reason I just believed if I prayed for this guy, Jesus was going to heal him right there so I grabbed my buddy Danny and we laid hands on him and asked Jesus to heal his knee. When I finished, I told him try it out, as he was already aware that the pain had left while we were praying. So he stood up and started moving up and down, and to his dismay, he was 100% pain free and fully healed! Come on Jesus! I then was able to share the good news of God's love, forgiveness, and mercy with him and his buddy. His buddy and him both listened intently after witnessing a miracle that only God could do...what was great too was that he was in IV to party for the weekend from LA, but it looked like God had other plans.

Once we went back outside to the happening party in front, he gnudged me on the way out of the door and told me to tell people what happened. I looked at him and said, "You're the one that got healed, you tell people what happened." Next thing you know, he was testifying to a gal in the line about his knee that was healed. In the ministry of Jesus & the early church, healing was normal, not abnormal...I am praying that yet again in my own life and in the church that healings would be normal for the life of every believer.

"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons: freely you received, freely give.'" (Matt 10:7-8)

No comments: