Friday, January 8, 2010

If you say go, we will go...

This past Wednesday I spoke at a campus ministry at UCSB called Asian American Christian Fellowship...it was a great time of being with these young students who are eager to learn and grow in Christ. The text they had me speak out of is a life verse for Holly and I, Matt 6:33: "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." I concluded the talk by showing a video about a missionary named Jim Elliot, who, along with 4 other men, lost his life in trying to reach a tribe in Ecuador with the gospel...later their wives and children visited these people and saw the tribe come to know Christ. The call to follow Jesus is the call to go when he says go.  I am grateful for all the lives like Jim and Elizabeth Elliot that have said yes to the call to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbTFa9px9Lc

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

No comments: