Monday, August 29, 2011

Favor


This last week Mac, the worship pastor, and I went to pick up a drum set. The add on craigslist said $100, as the mom wanted the drum set out of her life asap. Mac called and said we can come right now and asked if she would be up for taking $75. She repliled by saying yes, so we decided to go right away and pick it up.

When we got to the home we noticed a bumper sticker from Calvary Chapel in SB...when I walked into the house I asked if her family attended Calvary and she responded with a yes. I then shared that we were from IV Church and I was the pastor and Mac was the worship leader. As soon as I said that she said we could just have the drum set. Ah, the goodness and favor of God.

In a church located in a college town these kind of gifts from God are greatly appreciated and a reminder of His faithfulness to His church and IV. This picture is from this Sunday, with Erik on the new drum set. We are still meeting in our backyard...we move to the church building at the end of September, the family is excited as we are getting a bit full with Santa Barbara City College returning last week.

No comments: