Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brotherly Love



One of the main things that impacted my journey of coming to Christ over 10 years ago was spending time with my sister and her Christian friends for 8 months...in 2001 I moved into a home with three Christian guys and I remember being tripped out by how much they loved one another - hugging one another and loving on each other, and they were sober! I mean my friends and I would hug from time to time, but usually after a few beers or so. This new kind of love confused me, as it was so sincere and heartfelt. Later after coming to Christ I cam across this verse, which made more and more sense to me.

"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." - Jesus

The love of God changes the entire person...Christianity is not about trying to be a better person, it's about becoming an entirely new person by faith in Christ - sharing in the both the death and resurrection of Jesus!

"Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life." (Romans 6:4)

No comments: