Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Examples of how to bring God into everyday life

Here are a few examples of how to bring God into life with other people:

Tell someone about…

- your relationship with God
- your struggle with sin
- how God has encouraged you
- how He answered a prayer
- how He has spoken to you through the Bible
- how He has given you an opportunity to share the gospel
- how He has given you a place to serve another believer

Here is a great quote I came across the other day by John Maxwell:

'Want to IMPRESS others? Talk about your successes. Want to IMPACT others? Talk about your failures.'

It amazes me how throughout the entire Bible it does not shy away from exposing the life, failures, and sins of men & women of God...reminding us of how much we need Jesus daily and how we are all like sheep who are prone to wander. I know in my own life I can find it difficult sometimes in relating to someone talk about their strengths, yet I find it easy to relate to someone as they share their weaknesses.

"But He (Jesus) said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (2 Cor 12:9)

No comments: