Monday, June 28, 2010

Is This Really Church by Francis Chan

This video is well-worth watching...you can skip the first 20 minutes as Francis is talking about a few things going on in their church.

Over the course of the last 5 years God has ruined me for what is means to be the church...which is why I am always saying we don't go to church, we are the church. I am so challenged by what I read in the Word, especially the words of Christ and what was happening immediately after He ascended in the book of Acts.

Take up your cross, deny self, and follow me - Jesus

From the beginning one of IVC's key scripture verse has been Acts 2:42 which says the early church devoted themselves to four things: teaching, life together, the common meal, and prayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3DfUPAQiY&feature=related

No comments: