Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Summer

This week is finals, which means next week is the beginning of summer in IV!!! I love summers in IV as we get to downshift into 4th gear, sometimes even 3rd!

Summer is still a very busy time for me as I am spending lots of hours prepping for the coming school year with the DP House, IVSOD, Sunday stuff, etc.

Monday nights, beginning next week, I will be leading a men's group that I am stoked about...we are going to go through the book Forgotten God by Francis Chan. Then on Wednesday nights Holly and I will host "family time", which will look in many ways like our Sunday gathering with a little less structure.

I love the summer in IV, thank you Jesus for seasons of change that living in this city bring us.

"They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers." (Acts 2:42)

This is what Wednesdays & Sundays will be all about this summer:

- teaching (wed nights will be on the Holy Spirit)
- life together (playing, hanging, & being family)
- the common meal (there is something special about sharing meals)
- prayer (for one another & the city)

Over the years I have come to see church more and more not as a place you go to, but a family you belong to...a family united under the Lord Jesus Christ that is on a mission together. I am so thankful to be apart of this family in IV and the mission that is all too clear for those of us that live in the city.

No comments: